Friday, January 28, 2011

Goodbye, New York

That's it. It's over. Done.
The show has wrapped. Post-production is in the process of wrapping. My plane ticket says I get to leave in a few days, although we'll see what the snow has to say about it.
It's bittersweet. It went by fast and slow. It was fun and dumb, easy and hard, this and that. I don't know. I'm sure some sincere feelings will surface in about three months. Right now, I just want to wear normal shoes and drive a car. Oh my god am I going to drive my car when I get home! Wherever I want. Maybe for no reason.
I made this!
Honestly, it's been quite an experience. And I have enjoyed this extremely ridiculous weather. There was one day I came out of the subway and it was 10 degrees. My whole walk to work, I was laughing and kind of crying. Not sad crying, just uncontrollable teary eyes crying. And I was also swearing in a moderately loud voice. But I mean, I've never been in cold like that. It was really bracing- kind of like walking around in a large glass of chilled Listerine. How do you not swear in those conditions? The answer is you can't not.

This is what a blizzard looks like.
On Wednesday, there was a blizzard. We were stranded outside the drag club where we'd been playing bingo. (Go with it, dad. It's New York.) Luckily, Page's apartment was 3 blocks away, so 6 of us had an impromptu slumber party. It was very fun.

On our way to get supplies during the blizzard. That hippie was like, stuck, man.


On our way home from getting supplies. A snowball fight in the middle of 56th street was inevitable.
I don't have much else to report. It's really winding down for me here. 
Except, this morning, I walked out of my apartment and was met with this sight...

Recycling, Hell's Kitchen style.
I guess piles of snow are good places to dump your old technology. If a cop caught you, you can say it's an art project. 

You're going to really have to strain your eyes to see this. 
And this is my favorite mural in my neighborhood. Not that there was a lot of competition. It's by the french cartoonist Sempe and it's very sweet. I always meant to get a closer shot of it, but I never did. I thought I had so much time! And watch, the next time I come here, it'll have peeled off completely. Oh, life!

So, I guess that's it. I think this blogging thing went moderately well, all things considered. Sure, it fell apart at the end, but I hear that's how it usually goes with blogs. Very common trajectory, I'm told. 
All in all, I liked it. Perhaps we'll get to do it again sometime. 

I'll call you when I get back to Burbank. 




1 comment:

  1. I for one enjoyed the blogs. I'm disappointed there wasn't a parting shot of mens' red pants at the end there.

    ReplyDelete