Friday, October 15, 2010

I've Been Doing Things!

I would just like the other 12 people who read this blog to know that my father e-mail guilted me so bad this morning about my lack of posting that I RAN to my computer to update. (By RAN, I mean took two steps to the coffee table.) Here's the exact quote:

"Karen, this one reminded me of the blogs you use to send to me and I found it kind of nostalgic.  (Followed by an overly-forwarded email with a mildly racist joke and about seven pictures attached. Then a bunch of crap about David Letterman, all ending with...) ...and even if you don't send any more blogs (which I loved) I'm still very proud of you."

Oh my god, right? That last line chilled me to the bone. I was already starting to feel kind of bad about not updating, but now I've been sucked down into a serious shame spiral. My inconsiderate blogging has turned my Dick Butkus of a father into a weepy Michael Landon. Hideous.

All right, Dad. Back to you. 
So, Don and Adam and I went to Central Park last weekend.


That's the very famous mall of trees. It's the one they use in movies all the time. My camerawork is a little shaky there. I'm looking into getting a steady-cam for my iPhone.

What's really hilarious about Central Park is that every inch of it gets used on the weekends. People were really sucking up any nature they could get. Blankets were being thrown down on any free patch of green that could be found. It was kind of nice to see citizens really using their civic services that way, although at certain times it almost had a shantytown feel to it.  I kept expecting to hear someone complain about Herbert Hoover.

Hold on...shit. This machine isn't letting me load any more stuff and now I have to get into the shower, so I'll have to add part deux later on today. 
Get ready for: a fountain, some guys pointing to a sign, an awesome tunnel and...A MAN IN RED PANTS!!! I know! I can't wait either!
 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment