Wednesday, October 27, 2010

TESTING...TESTING...CHECK ONE TWO...

Will this one work like the good old blogs? Who knows? I'm just going to throw some stuff up and see...

Here's a movie of a talented lady who was singing and playing a Casio keyboard at the Hell's Kitchen flea market I called you from last Saturday...


I only caught the jazzy vamped-out end of that number. She was either singing The Look of Love or the jingle from the Empire Carpets commercial. I wanted to film her more, but I could feel her watching me from behind her dark glasses, so I became unnerved and moved on. She was also wearing gloves, which seemed suspicious to me for a keyboard player.

Is that video going to end up being too small to make out any hilarious details? Goddammit! It's fine, it's fine. Let's just keep going...

Here's the only item at the flea market I even remotely considered buying...

One of the extras from Babe.

It could be nice over the mantel, right? I don't know. I guess I'll go back this Saturday and if it didn't get snatched up already, I'll take it as a sign that it was meant to be mine. Those fangs might just be big enough to hang coats off of. Or stick some daily affirmations onto. You know what, I'm not going to decide right now. I'll let the universe guide me.

They also had an old steamer trunk sitting open and this picture was on the inside of the lid:
This makes me wish I went to fishing school, but oh no! You insisted I study theater in Sacramento.
I think there's a chance that steamer trunk once belonged to Molly Malone and that's the sticker she used to put on all her stuff to let people know it was hers, cockles and mussels and whatnot. 

Hey, have you noticed that this is all working out great so far? Pictures going where I put them, captions for the pictures going where they're supposed to, the whole sheblog! (Sorry. That was terrible.) 
Except for how tiny that movie may or may not turn out to be, I think I'm back on track. Let's just forget that mess of a blog yesterday ever happened. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    Sorry to intrude on your dad-blog.... I was recently introduced to your comedy through Marc Maron's WTF podcast, just wanted to say that I was blown away by your songs (Jesus Will Smash You, I Want to Win). You have a beautiful voice, I hope we get to here and see more of your performances soon.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete