Friday, October 1, 2010

Life In The Incredibly Crowded Lane

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not sure if these videos will actually work when I post this. Because it's an all-video installment, the logic and quality of the writing depends on you being able to see them. I can only know if they uploaded correctly once I post it, so if they won't play for you, don't get mad. I'll just write another one. We can't know until we know. Such is life.

Dani (Vetere, our writer's assistant and expert NYer) and I walked to a J. Crew sample sale after work the other day. Here's what part of our walk up 7th Ave looked like:


I've talked about this before, but you really have to know how to walk down the street here. It's an acquired skill. You need to keep the correct pace, weaving through wandering tourists and packs of jerks who insist on walking four abreast, if you want to get anywhere in a timely manner. I like the part where the guy passes directly in front of me really fast. He had to get to his train! Or away from the fuzz! Either way, I was definitely the jerk walking incorrectly on his trajectory.

Next, we have a little video of the writer's room. Our intrepid host Tom Papa is actually the one taking notes here, which is kind of hilarious. Not a common practice in this business we call show. (I'm using that phrase with sarcastic intent. Please read it as such.)


And that's what work looks like to me. Chuck Martin is the writer on the left across the table from me. Laura Krafft is the one in front of from me. We enjoy ourselves quite a bit. Lots of laughing, lots of Starbucks. It's a pretty sweet deal.

I have more, but the videos aren't even loading now and I don't want to make myself late for work. Although it would be kind of a great story if I lost my job because of blogging about my job.

4 comments:

  1. i like it. I'd recognize that bird covered mac anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, you must have passed l00 people in your video and not one pair of red pants. I watched it about 53 times and no crimson pantaloons. Are they just a small group of weirdos or an actual cult? I think these are legitimate questions. Please keep me up to date on this very strange occurrence. Your friend, Zardoz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zardoz-All of the taxis here look like a wedge of cheeeeese...

    ReplyDelete