Wednesday, September 15, 2010

All Righty Then.

I still have not solved my coffee problem.
I've either been walking the three blocks to Starbucks or just waiting to get to the office to get coffee. Neither option thrills me, since I'm used to having my pot of coffee every morning the moment I wake up. I enjoy the ritual of making it, the smell, the sounds-the whole deal. Not having a coffee maker is adding to the "Where the hell am I?" feeling I get every once in a while.

Also, I don't have any laundry in my building. I have to go to the laundromat across the street, which is a pain. If I go do it myself, it takes 3 hours. If I get fluff and fold, I'm paying 10 dollars extra to have everything washed in boiling lye. At least that's what it seems like when I get it back. It's all shrunk and faded. I like to blame my shrinking clothes on the laundry mat instead of taking responsibility for eating pasta at every meal.

Speaking of, Peter Fowkes is also here in town directing a show for Comedy Central. We went out to a place called Eatery halfway between his apartment and mine. I ordered-get ready for this- white cheddar meatloaf with mashed potatoes and cheese fondue sauce. It came with onion rings on top. I think it's the best meal I've ever eaten. Here's a movie of it:


(Do you hear how insanely loud that restaurant is? A lot of them are like that. Last night after work, Page and I went out to a place that may have also been a rave. There was horrible techno music blaring and everyone was screaming their conversations. Nice and relaxing after a hard day's work. Her solution was to get a table outside. I had to nix that idea, though. I cannot stand eating on the street. People like to pretend they're dining "alfresco" but they're just eating on the sidewalk next to any other citizen who happens by. And this is New York City. It'd be cleaner to eat in the back of a cab.)

After I ate dinner with Peter Fowkes, we walked up to the Apple Store by his apartment to look at iPads. That took us right by Lincoln Center.

All of my photos are so foreground heavy. I wonder why.

I didn't really capture it's majesty in this picture. It looks more like a government building at Christmastime here, but in real life it was really pretty, I assure you. 

I bought an iPad. I'm not sure why. I'm going to try to bring it to work today like it's my laptop, but I don't know if it's the best idea. It could be a huge mistake. Much like the mistake I made yesterday of dropping off all of my laundry at the fluff and fold and THEN coming back to take a shower before work. I was forced to dry off with 2 small washcloths. I felt like Gulliver.



5 comments:

  1. Karen, this may sound overly simple...but why not go ahead and buy a coffee maker? I await your reply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with andernub on that one. Are you waiting for the iBrew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never find one, mostly because I was only shopping at the Amish Market around the corner from my house. I finally got one two days ago at the Duane Reade, only to get it home and find the pot is cracked. I'm using it anyway.
    Mmmm, iBrew...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Your pot is cracked" is my new sassy response to everything.

    ReplyDelete