Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Week Wrap-Up

Well, tomorrow will be the last day of the first week of the new job. So far, I have no complaints. In fact, it's pretty great. For example, I see this little sign every morning when I get into the elevator:

Comforting.

When I get to work, someone takes my Starbucks order, the show pays for it and someone brings it to me. Classy!
Laura Krafft is the other writer, so I often hear people referring to us as Laura and Karen. Heartwarming!
Our host, Tom Papa, has written with us every day and it seems two girls in the writer's room is not only not emasculating to him, but apparently he enjoys it. Groundbreaking!

Oh, you'll like this: so, this afternoon we were sitting in a meeting and we heard a guy singing one loud note of opera over and over. Our writer's assistant told us he's an NYC fixture people call The Opera Guy. She said he walks around town singing just that one note all the time. Apparently, that's the whole story. I wanted some kind of explanation about him having a psychotic break during tryouts for Julliard or being an insane Renee Fleming stalker who uses that one note as a kind of mating call. Danni, the writer's assistant, had no further information. Now, I need to know...bad.

Did you see on the news there was a tornado here today?

This picture is from a tornado that touched down in the Bronx in 2007, but I thought you'd like that old timer in the chair.
It touched down in Brooklyn and ripped up trees and stuff. We only got pouring rain in Manhattan, but by the time I walked home, it had cleared up. But guess what's back? The goddamn humidity. I won't go on about it, but if it isn't gone by tomorrow, I'll be forced to wear my hair in a bun.

I did some comedy on Wednesday night. Kind of a last minute thing for a friend's show at a place called Comix. It went well. I was very happy. On my walk home, I saw this and tried to take a picture of it. You have to look closely. Maybe tip your monitor forward or something.

It's written in lemon juice! Go get a candle!
Someone wrote the word, "HAPPY" in the cement. Can you see it? Believe me, it's there.

1 comment: