Thursday, September 2, 2010

The First Thing I Saw


Well, not literally the first thing. But definitely the first thing that really caught my eye. I was awestruck by that ensemble on the right! It's bold, it's fresh, it says, "Just try to look away!" It also says, "Pants and belt provided by the Ronald McDonald Collection." Her primary colors hooked me and then her blouse that doesn't quite cover her belly reeled me in!   This city is the fashion capital of the world and on my very first day living here, I got to meet it's ambassador.

Her style has that same devil-may-care attitude I had in college when I began wearing vintage men's pajama bottoms as pants. Remember that, Dad? I know it's seared into your brain forever. You got SO mad about those pants! You never did understand high fashion. I'm sure Donna Karan had to take a lot of flak from her old man, too.

What I really like about the picture is that these ladies are just blatantly disregarding that "NO STANDING ANYTIME" sign. I support it whenever someone sticks it to the man like that. That's right! Stand there, ladies! Stand there ALL THE TIME! Power to the people!

2 comments: